I can’t tell you how many emails I get about two top-tier chairs – noblechairs Hero vs. Secretlab Titan 2020. They usually go along these lines:
Here’s the same Secretlab Titan vs noblechairs Hero question on Reddit (PC Master Race subreddit, if anybody is wondering):
Without a doubt, both Secretlab and noblechairs are two of the best gaming chair brands out there. However, how to tell which one is better?
I think this calls for our 1st gaming chairs battle. I’ll treat this Hero vs Titan gaming chair comparison somewhat like a boxing match, so let’s ring the bell. You can check both contenders here:
Despite their similarities, the chairs have notable differences that everybody buying the noblechairs or Secretlab chairs should be fully aware of.
Ok, before we go into full ‘In the left corner, we have noblechairs Hero; in the right corner, we have Secretlab Titan‘, let’s at first have a look at how are these two top-tier gaming chairs similar.
Why The Dilemma Between Secretlab Titan And Noblechairs Hero
From thousands of gaming chairs out there, how do gamers boil the choices down exactly to Titan vs Hero?
Well, they do have quite a lot in common. The similarities are exactly the reason why people have such a hard time to choose the Titan over Hero, and visa versa.
The choice comes down to the best Secretlab chair – the Titan – vs noblechairs Hero because we’re looking for:
- A top-tier gaming chairs. Not those below $200 racing chairs.
- Price range: $400 to $500.
- Well-built chair with a good reputation.
Here is the full list of similarities between the two (we’re comparing specs, dimensions, quality of upholstery and so on):
Noblechairs Hero VS Secretlab Titan (Table 1: Similarities)
|Noblechairs Hero||Secretlab Titan|
|Dimensions:||21.6 x 26.4 x 50.8||22.1 x 28.9 x 51.3|
|Max. Weight:||330 lbs||290 lbs|
|Upholstery:||Premium PU Leather|
|Premium PU Leather
(PRIME 2.0) as basic upholstery
|Foam Quality:||Cold Cure Foam||Cold Cure Foam|
|Gas Lift:||Class 4||Class 4|
What have we learned from this table? Well, not all that much. The chairs are pretty comparable in terms of quality of leather, foam, price, materials, casters.
The Secretlab Titan might have a lower maximum capacity and is a bit cheaper. Both chairs have top-notch upholstery and foam for this price range. Here are some useful guides to familiarize yourself with the upholstery and foam quality:
And now lets really ring the bell and start this gaming chair battle!
Differences Between Secretlab Titan 2020 And Noblechairs Hero
Obviously, the chairs are so alike that we really have to dig in to see what separates the Secretlab chair from the noblechairs chair.
Despite being so similar, there are notable differences.
Noblechairs Hero VS Secretlab Titan (Table 2: Differences)
As you can see from Table 2 above, the Secretlab Titan 2020 has an edge in:
- Upholstery upgrades. I mean, you can get Softweave fabric for an extra few $10. If you want to splurge yourself, you can even go NAPA leather way. noblechairs Hero does have upgrades as well but they are not as appealing.
- Upholstery skins. noblechairs Hero is plain black like an office chair. Titan, however, is a true gaming chair and you get 24 different skins you can choose from. Want to have Dota 2 or House Stark upholstery skin? You’ve got it. I love that you can customize your gaming chair in such a way.
- Comfortability. Secretlab Titan as ‘de facto’ gaming chairs is obviously more comfortable than office-style Hero.
- Look. This is subjective but I do prefer a gaming chair look. After all, you’re buying a chair for gaming, not for the office (Hero is designed as an office chair).
- Upgrade levels. You have Secretlab Titan 2016, Secretlab Titan 2018, Secretlab Titan 2020 vs. noblechairs Hero, noblechairs Hero, noblechairs Hero. Essentially, Secretlab upgrades their chairs regularly while the noblechairs chair stays the same.
The Titan has only one advantage over Hero:
- Breathability. You have to admit that the noblechairs Hero has better breathability. That is an important advantage.
One point of difference is also where the gaming chair brand is located. Secretlab is a Singapur-based company, noblechairs is a Germany-based company. Germans are known for their advanced engineering; however, in Singapur, you’ll find a more thriving gaming community. I can’t even decide how to factor this is the grand scheme of Secretlab vs. noblechairs comparison. I like both German engineering and cool Singapur-based gaming tournaments.
What Do Reviewers Say About The Breathability Of Noblechairs vs Secretlab Chair?
The only big advantage noblechairs Hero has over Secretlab Titan 2020 is the breathability.
In short, the Hero has a better way of creating air circulation behind your back and ass.
What’s the superpower that the Hero has for breathability? In fact, it has 2:
Do you see those little holes in the chair seat? Those make the seat beatable (your ass won’t stick to the leather).
Additionally, the diamond stitching you can see on the backrest (red diamonds) creates an airflow that dissipates heat from your back.
Which Chair Is More Ergonomic And Comfortable?
First of all, let’s clarify the difference between ergonomic and comfortable.
An ergonomic chair makes us sit the right way in order to best protect our spine. That has a lot to do with how our weight is distributed throughout the gaming chair. Comfortable, on the other hand, is pretty simple: how comfy the chair feels.
When it comes to Secretlab Titan vs noblechairs Hero, you can look at how the design of the chair makes them comfortable and/or ergonomic. Here are two design aspects that make the Titan comfy and ergonomic:
According to numerous reviews, we can get a clear picture of:
- Secretlab Titan is more comfortable.
- Both noblechairs Hero and Secretlab Titan are ergonomic (by design).
In essence, Titan is comfier and both chairs take care of your posture and spine.
Verdict: Titan Smashed Her0 (5:1 In Favor Of Titan)
Despite being so similar, we’ve noted 5 important differences between Secretlab Titan and noblechairs Hero.
According to notable reviews, the noblechairs Hero has better breathability, ergonomics and very important adjustable lumbar. It looks nobler and classy.
On the other hand, the only edge Secretlab Titan has over Hero is the comfortability. The look of the chair is also cooler but that’s pretty much a matter of opinion.
noblechairs Hero score: 1 point.
Secretlab Titan score: 5 points.
All in all, we have a clear winner: Secretlab Titan 2020. You can buy the Titan here.
It smashes the Hero 5 against 1 point, based on their differences.
If you have something to add to why Secretlab might be better or why noblechairs is the right choice, you can share your thoughts in the comments below.